Monday, August 22, 2011

'bye, Jack


John Gilbert "Jack" Layton
July 18, 1950 – August 22, 2011
 
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
                                         -Jack Layton 





   
           

4 comments:

Beijing York said...

I'm doing my weeping rounds. Lovely shot and choice of words, 900ft.

900ft Jesus said...

thanks. I thought he said it best, wasn't going to try to beat that.

Incredible amount of articles today mostly about Jack the man, only a few about what it means to the future of the NDP. Says a lot about him as an individual. Not mmany people can look to such a legacy or farewell.

Beijing York said...

I think the press and politicians were really taken by surprise. Hell, I was amazed by the massive outpouring of grief for Jack. There were well attended vigils across the country.

900ft Jesus said...

I think a lot of it is what he represented and how even as he was dying, he kept working for a better country and regardless of whether people agreed with his politics, many, many people are inspired by his hope and dedication.