Monday, December 27, 2010
harper gets spanked
The new governor general says he sees nothing wrong or illegitimate with coalition governments — something Prime Minister Stephen Harper has attacked for being “undemocratic.”
“I think that most jurisdictions that have a system of first-past-the-post or proportional representation will from time to time have coalitions or amalgamation of different parties and that’s the way democracy sorts itself out,” he said.
And in this, it is Mr. Johnston who has the authority and power to decide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yes but the current liberal party will not form a coalition and the precedent has been set by our past retartd in office, that Haitian chick (I won't give her the dignity of a name). This may allow Harper to win just on the basis of precedent so who cares what Mr. Johnston says and how strong a personality he is. If Harper really thought the GG meant anything, or if he was willing to let it mean anything he would have just kept the same pushover in the post. He knows the post of GG is just ceremonial. Mind you I would like to see that battle carried out in public view, it would be interesting to see him go up against a GG with a backbone.
@informed..how do you type with that hood on your head?
@"informed"
re: "our past retartd in office, that Haitian chick (I won't give her the dignity of a name)"
Hmmm... Jumpins!
Hey "Informed", I wonder if it's just possible that your statement above might possibly mark the apex of your narrow minded misogynistic race based irrational hatred of the "other"? if it does, one can only hope that you now opt to retire your bitter poisonous pen.
I always thought David Johnston was one of the good guys. Wonder how long it will be before Harpie tries to undermine/get rid of him.
harper may regard the GG just as a figure head, but if Johnston is serious about being more active, he in fact has that authority and it won't matter what harper says.
stevie can try and ignore him, go over his head as Baird once said the CONs would do to Jean, but I don't think he could get away with it this time.
Post a Comment